LOADED CHEESY GRITS
Yield: 24 portions
Portion Size: 1 egg, 1 cup grits, 1/4 cup salsa each
|Cheddar Jack Grits|
|Heavy cream||1 cup|
|Shredded Monterey Jack cheese||1 cup|
|Shredded Cheddar cheese||1 cup|
|Rosarita® Mild Ground Tomato Salsa||44300 11020||6 cups|
|Fresh chives, chopped|
|Fresh parsley, chopped|
|Cooked bacon, chopped|
© ConAgra Foodservice. All Rights Reserved.
- Make CHEDDAR JACK GRITS: Place water, salt and butter in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add grits gradually, stirring constantly, and reduce to a simmer once all grits are in saucepan.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes, until all water is absorbed.
- Turn off heat and stir in heavy cream and cheeses.
- Check for seasoning.
- To Make ONE PORTION: Place 1 cup of cheddar jack grits into a bowl.
- Top with 1/4 cup of Rosarita®Ground Tomato Salsa.
- Top with 1 fried egg.
- Garnish with fresh, chopped herbs, cooked bacon and spicy pepitas.
- CHEF'S NOTES: Can also be served as a DIY brunch or breakfast staion. Easily used as a grain bowl.