MEDITERRANEAN SHIRRED EGGS
Yield: 24 portions
Portion Size: 2 eggs with bread
|Olive oil||9 tbsp|
|Garlic cloves, peeled, crushed||12 ea|
|Angela MiaŽ Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes||27000 38069||6 cups|
|Angela MiaŽ Spaghetti Sauce||27000 42201||6 cups|
|Fresh thyme, chopped||1 tbsp|
|Mozzarella cheese whips (about 3 cups)||1 lb|
|Eggs, whole||48 ea|
|Greek sesame bread, sliced||2 (2-lb) loaves|
Š ConAgra Foodservice. All Rights Reserved.
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add Angela MiaŽ Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Angela MiaŽ Spaghetti Sauce and thyme. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Hold warm for service.
- To make ONE PORTION: Place 1/2 cup tomato sauce in a 6-ounce oven-safe dish; top with 0.66 ounce mozzarella whips. Break two eggs over top.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until egg whites are firm and yolks are set.
- Serve with two slices of bread.