Yield: 24 portions
Portion Size: 2 arepas
|Rosaritaź Green Chile Salsa||44300 10688||3 cups|
|Red wine vinegar||1/4 cup|
|Skirt steak, trimmed||3 lb|
|Water, warm||7-1/2 cups|
|Vegetable oil||2-1/2 tbsp|
|Masarepa (precooked white cornmeal)||7-1/2 cups|
|Vegetable oil||1/4 cup|
|Rosaritaź Green Chile Salsa||44300 10688||12 cups|
|Yellow onions, 1/4-inch diced, caramelized||2 cups|
|Oaxaca cheese, shredded||3 cups|
© ConAgra Foodservice. All Rights Reserved.
- To make SKIRT STEAK: In a sauce pot, combine Rosaritaź Green Chile Salsa, red wine vinegar and water. Bring to a boil and reduce by 1/8th. Remove from heat and cool. Place skirt steak in a re-sealable bag with marinade; chill for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove steak and pat dry. Grill over medium-high heat until steak reaches an internal temperature of 145°F, about 5 minutes per side. Remove and let rest before slicing into 1/2-ounce slices.
- To make AREPAS: Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine salt, water and 2-1/2 tablespoons oil. While stirring, add masarepa. Mix until combined (dough should be slightly wet). Allow to rest for 30 minutes. Using a 2-ounce scoop, create 48 balls. Roll balls into 3/4-inch thick disks, about 4 inches in diameter.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a nonstick pan over high heat. In batches, add the arepas and brown on both sides, then place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Bake in the oven until a hollow sound is made when tapped, about 20 minutes. Remove.
- To make ONE PORTION: Split two arepas and remove a small amount of bread.
- Fill each arepa with: 1/4 cup Rosaritaź Green Chile Salsa, 1 ounce skirt steak, 2 teaspoons onions and 2 tablespoons Oaxaca cheese.
- Return arepas to oven to melt cheese, about 3 minutes.