CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE PAELLA
Yield: 24 portions
Portion Size: 1 cup paella
|Olive oil||1/4 cup|
|Chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 2-inch pieces||6 lb|
|Black pepper, freshly-ground||1 tbsp|
|Chorizo sausage, 1/2-inch sliced||8 ea|
|Onion, yellow, 1/4-inch sliced||2 cups|
|Garlic, minced||1/2 cup|
|Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained||64144 60245||1-1/2 quarts|
|Chicken stock, reduced sodium||4 quarts|
|Arborio rice||2 quarts|
|Scallions, 1/4-inch sliced||1 cup|
© ConAgra Foodservice. All Rights Reserved.
- In a very large skillet or rondeau, heat olive oil over high heat. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and sear for approximately 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan and repeat process with chorizo. Hold cooked proteins in refrigerator.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion and garlic. Saute until onion is translucent (do not brown).
- Add the RO*TEL®, chicken stock and saffron, scraping any brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the rice and stir gently.
- Bring the rice mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and sausage back to the pan and continue simmering until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- To make ONE SERVING: Place 1 cup paella on a plate, garnish with 1 tablespoon scallions and serve hot.
- CHEF'S NOTE: Don't worry about rice sticking to the bottom of the pan and browning slightly - this is a desired characteristic of paella.