BLACKENED SHRIMP PAPPARDELLE
Yield: 24 portions
Portion Size: 1 cup pasta and 4 shrimp
|Vegetable oil, divided||4 tbsp|
|Onion, yellow, 1/4-inch diced||2 cups|
|White wine, dry||4 cups|
|Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained||64144 60245||2 quarts|
|Heavy cream||6 quarts|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||3 cups|
|Pappardelle pasta, cooked||6 quarts|
|Shrimp, large, U-20, peeled and deveined||5 lb|
|Blackening (Cajun) spice||1-1/2 cups|
© ConAgra Foodservice. All Rights Reserved.
- In large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Add onions and saute until translucent (do not brown).
- Deglaze with wine. Add all but 1 cup of RO*TEL® and simmer until wine reduces by half.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Reduce by 1/4 and add Parmesan cheese.
- Add cooked pappardelle to sauce and stir well to coat.
- In a seperate large pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Season the shrimp with the blackening spice and salt. Cook the shrimp until opaque, about 3 minutes per side.
- To make ONE SERVING: Place 1 cup tossed pasta onto a plate and top with 4 shrimp. Garnish with drained RO*TEL® and more Parmesan cheese.