Yield: 18 portions
Portion Size: 4 empanadas with 2 Tbsp dip
|All-purpose flour||4-1/2 cups|
|Masa corn flour||1-1/2 cups|
|Baking powder||1 tbsp|
|Lard, melted and cooled||12 oz|
|Water, divided||3/4 cup|
|Wesson® Smart Choice Cottonseed/Canola Blend, for frying||27000 63334|
|FAMOUS QUESO DIP (recipe at conagrafoodservice.com)||4-1/2 cups|
|Chicken breast, grilled & shredded||5 cups|
© ConAgra Foodservice. All Rights Reserved.
- Blend flour, masa, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl. Add lard and mix by hand until evenly moistened and crumbly.
- Combine 1/2 cup water and 2 eggs; gradually add to flour mixture, blending after each addition. Knead dough until pliable, about 3 minutes.
- Roll out dough evenly on floured work surface to a 1/8-inch thickness. Cut 72 circles using a 4-inch biscuit cutter. Place in single layer on sheet pans. Cover with plastic wrap; set aside.
- Whisk together remaining 1/4 cup water and egg for egg wash.
- Preheat fryer to 350°F.
- Brush egg wash along edge of each flour circle. Place 1/2 tablespoon FAMOUS QUESO DIP in center of each dough circle.
- Top dip with 1 tablespoon chicken. Fold dough over into calzone shape; seal and crimp with fork tines.
- Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Serve FAMOUS QUESO DIP on side.