CARAMEL PEAR DUMPLING
Yield: 4 portions
Portion Size: 1 pear
|All-purpose flour||1-1/4 cups|
|Wesson® MFB Bakery Shortening Cube (Blue)||27000 73651||1/3 cup|
|Water, cold||1/4 cup|
|Fresh pears, medium, peeled and cored from bottom leaving stems intact||4 ea|
|J. Hungerford Smith® Walnut Sundae Topping||27000 11910||1/4 cup|
|Egg white, beaten with 1 tbsp. water||1|
|Sugar, granulated||1 tbsp|
|J. Hungerford Smith® Sweet Cream Caramel - Dulce de Leche, warmed||27000 22033||1/4 cup|
|Fresh mint||4 sprigs|
© ConAgra Foodservice. All Rights Reserved.
- Dumpling Dough: In medium bowl, combine flour and salt; mix well. Using pastry cutter, cut Wesson® MFB Bakery Shortening Cube into drys until mixture is size of peas. Sprinkle water into mixture 1 TABLESPOON at a time, tossing with fork. Separate dough into 4 equal parts. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into 8-inch square.
- Stuff each pear with 1 TABLESPOON J. Hungerford Smith® Walnut Sundae Topping. Immediately place each pear, bottom down, onto dough square.
- Moisten edges of dough with water; pull dough up and around top of pear. Pinch to hold in place, folding back dough slightly to expose stem. Brush dough with egg white. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated 375°F conventional oven 40 minutes or until pear is tender and pastry is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To serve, drizzle each pear with J. Hungerford Smith® Sweet Cream Caramel - Dulce de Leche Topping. Garnish with mint. Serve with extra caramel sauce.